We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love a visit to the beach. However, I was never the girl who laid out to get a tan. I love to swim, build sandcastles, watch the sunset over the water, climb lighthouses, and generally play some fun beach games. To give you some inspiration, here’s a list of fun beach games you can play together as a family.
Easy Beach Games
These games just require a ball or a single piece of equipment.
- Football or even a simple game of catch
- Kite Flying
- Limbo – Use towels or a piece of driftwood
- Bubbles – Get real fancy and bring a Giant Bubble Wand.
By the way, did you know when you order at Dick’s Sporting Goods you get free curbside pickup? You also get free shipping with orders over $49.
Games to Play in the Water at the Beach
- Marco Polo
- Water Tag
- Dodge Ball – Playing in the water is harder to run away!
- Inner Tube Target – Get some floating rings and beach balls and try to hit the target
Games to Play in the Sand
- Tug of War – Use some Towels, draw a line in the sand, see who’s the strongest.
- Collect Shells – Make this challenging for older kids by seeking out specific types of shells. For younger kids, give them certain colors to find.
- Musical Beach Blankets – All you need is your phone and some tunes.
- Tic Tac Toe – Draw a board in the sand. Use sticks for X and stone or shells for O.
- Frisbee Target – Put a few circles in the sand and see who can come closest to the bullseye
- Beach Toss – This beautifully designed beach toss game is perfect for the sand. Sturdy ropes and bamboo pole make this a durable yet easy to play game.
I recommend these Turkish towels for your beach towels. They are soft, pretty, and dry fast. I’ve also seen where they make a great fashion accessory too. There are a lot of designs in this shop to choose from.
More Fun Games
These games require a little more equipment but can be hours of entertainment, especially for older kids who tire of digging in the sand.
- Building Sand Castles and Other Sand Toys
- Water Bucket Relay
- Cornhole – This one is a portable, vinyl one perfect for the beach.
- Spikeball – This one is a popular one I see at the beach all the time.
- Bocce Ball
- Paddle Ball
- Scoop Ball
- Frisbee Toss – a couple of stands used to knock an item off
Again, a lot of these items I linked to are at Dick’s Sporting Goods. You can order online and pick up curbside at the store, making those last minute purchases no sweat.
If you prefer a one stop shop at Amazon, you can see all my recommendations in one easy list here.
Ready to head to the beach? Don’t forget your checklist for everything you need to pack for the beach here.