We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with.
I love a visit to the beach. However, I was never the girl who laid out to get a tan. I love to swim, build sand castles, watch the sunset over the water, climb lighthouses, and generally play some fun beach games. To give you some inspiration, here’s a list of fun beach games you can play together as a family.
Easy Beach Games
These games just require a ball or a single piece of equipment.
- Football or even a simple game of catch
- Kite Flying
- Limbo – Use towels or a piece of driftwood
- Bubbles – Get real fancy and bring a Giant Bubble Wand.
By the way, did you know you can now get free 2-day shipping at Target? Or order online and pick up in store? The links above are linked to Target for your convenience.
Games to Play in the Water at the Beach
- Marco Polo
- Water Tag
- Dodge Ball – Playing in the water is harder to run away!
- Inner Tube Target – Get some floating rings and beach balls and try to hit the target
Games to Play in the Sand
- Tug of War – Use some Towels, draw a line in the sand, see who’s the strongest
- Collect Shells – Make this challenging for older kids by seeking out specific types of shells. For younger kids, give them certain colors to find.
- Musical Beach Blankets – All you need is your phone and some tunes.
- Tic Tac Toe – Draw a board in the sand. Use sticks for X and stone or shells for O.
- Frisbee Target – Put a few circles in the sand and see who can come closest to the bullseye
More Fun Games
These games require a little more equipment but can be hours of entertainment, especially for older kids who tire of digging in the sand.
- Building Sand Castles and Other Sand Toys
- Water Bucket Relay
- Cornhole – This one is a portable, vinyl one perfect for the beach.
- Spikeball – This one is a popular one I see at the beach all the time.
- Bocce Ball
- Paddle Ball
- Scoop Ball
- Frisbee Toss – a couple of stands used to knock an item off
Ready to head to the beach? Don’t forget your checklist for everything you need to pack for the beach here.