We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with.
It’s almost 4th of July here and we’re ready to hit the road again. There’s something nostalgic and all-American about road trips, isn’t there? We American’s like to take to the road, explore new frontiers, and simply discover this vast country of ours. Whether you’re heading to the lake or “up north” for a long weekend, hitching up the trailer for a few nights camping out or simply packing up the family for your annual summer vacation, you need great music to get you on your way. And since we’re planning to See the USA, I picked 50 Fun songs to put on your All-American Road Trip Playlist.
First off, making a playlist is fun and seriously side tracking! While a lot of these came off the top of my head, I also did searches and created this playlist with Amazon Music. Do you have Amazon Prime? Did you know that you can stream music for free? They do have an upgrade option with Amazon Music Unlimited, $.99 a month for prime members and $9.99 a month if you’re not. Since I’m already paying for Prime, I found Amazon Music to be a better deal than paying for Pandora or Spotify, even though I still love a lot on Spotify.
Try Amazon Music here. – Please note this is an affiliate link, and does not cost extra to you, may provide a small commission to me. I only recommend products I know and love.
R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A
Nothing says all-American like good ole’ rock-n-roll. I’m talking classic rock, Americana Rock, some folk rock and everything from the Elvis to Springsteen. Does it get more American than this?
- R.O.C.K in the U.S.A. – John Mellencamp
- Born in the USA – Bruce Springsteen
- Viva Las Vegas – Elvis Presley
- Memphis, Tennessee – Chuck Berry (Elvis, Johnny Rivers, and The Beatles did covers of this as well.)
- America – Simon and Garfunkel
- American Girl – Tom Petty
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynard Skynard
- America – Neil Diamond
- American Woman – Lenny Kravitz
- Living in America – James Brown
- Mercedes Benz – Janis Joplin
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- Drive By – Train
- Pink Cadillac – Bruce Springsteen
- Small Town- John Mellencamp
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- Hit the Road Jack – Ray Charles
- Back in the USA – Chuck Berry
- Slow Ride – Foghat
- Paradise City – Guns N’ Roses
- Interstate Love Song – Stone Temple Pilots
- Life in the Fast Lane – Eagles
- Beverly Hills – Weezer
- Santa Monica – Everclear
- We Built This City – Starship
Country about the Country
There’s something about country singers and the patriotic passion they put in their songs, especially about the country they love. Here are a few of my favorites about back roads, cruisin’ or the USA.
- American Saturday Night – Brad Paisley
- Cruise – Florida Georgia line
- Nowhere Fast – Old Dominion
- American Kids – Kenny Chesney
- All-American Girl – Carrie Underwood
- Summertime – Kenny Chesney
- American Love – Jake Own
- Life is a Highway – Rascal Flatts
- Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker
- It’s America – Rodney Atkins
Pop Party in the USA
Don’t hate me, but I did put Miley Cyrus on this list. Pop music is perfect for beach days. Add these songs when your cruising with the convertible top down to the summer sun.
- Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus
- Kids in America – Kim Wilde
- Surfin’ U.S.A. – The Beach Boys
- California Gurls – Katy Perry
- California Girls – The Beach Boys
- Low Rider – War
- Summertime – DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fress Prince
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Summer – Calvin Harris
- I’m Gonna Be (500 miles) – The Proclaimers
- Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice (Yes, I went there…A1A Beach Front Avenue!)
- Cars – Gary Numan
- Roam – B-52s
- Cake By the Ocean – DNCE
- AM Radio – Everclear
- Should I Stay or Should I go – The Clash
Did you catch it? There are actually 51 songs for your all-American road trip playlist. I hope you find these fun to sing along to.
Did I miss one of your All-American Road Trip Playlist favorites? Comment below and let me know!